Friday, May 13, 2011

Bike to Work Week Works

Sarah Torgeson - My Bike is My New Hobby

Sarah talks to Iowa Goes By Bicycle about some of her experiences as a new cyclist and also offers advise to people who are just getting started as well.

For many of us when we started bicycling, we weren’t actively seeking it out as a serious new lifestyle. Maybe we tried it on a whim and were captivated by the freedom and fun. Maybe we were just filling a sunny summer afternoon when all of a sudden a surprising thought hit us: “Hey, I could really get into this.” Whatever it was, it didn’t take much to fall in love with that two-wheeled machine. In the same way, 28-year-old Sarah Torgeson was unexpectedly lured into cycling herself. One mile in the saddle, and she was hooked.

Read the full story at: http://www.iowagoesbybicycle.com/?q=node/74

Heres and excerpt from the interview.

IGBB: What got you interested in biking again?

Torgeson: My grandparents rode RAGBRAI a few times, into their 70s, which was amazing to me, and a few people at my work are avid cyclists who have also ridden RAGBRAI. I started riding for Bike To Work Week in 2009 and 2010, and my boyfriend is big into cycling. [W]hen we started dating, I started riding more. We also are part of North Iowa Bicycle Underground (NIBU) which does a lot of cycling events: bike polo, races, etc. It's become an exciting part of my life!

No comments: