Friday, November 03, 2006

Ladies' Night 11/2



Jennifer & I overhauled the hub of her front wheel, while Amy & Jen cheered us on.



Ladies' Night began after Holly & I had many discussions about getting more women into bicycle repair and culture. She told me about her experiences at Plan B in New Orleans. They were doing a Ladies' Night once a week, and she said it was one of few refuges during those first grueling months of rebuilding. After she told me about it, she simply asked if we could do something like that at the Bike Library.


Why didn't I think of it before??? It has been a true pleasure to be a part of it, and last night Holly & I discussed the progress we've seen in the regular Ladies' Night visitors. When we get together there is a symbiosis in which we all exchange information. By teaching I am learning, and that is empowerment.

No comments: